Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tuesday and Wednesday

So, I just found out the app from my phone does not always post my blogs posts when I write them on my phone... boo!! So, yesterday I was at work all day, then I made these Volcano Cookies, using the chocolate chip cookie dough recipe off the back of a bag of mini chocolate chips, and instead of Dove candy I used Hershey's nuggets... because they were cheaper. I also used whole wheat flour, and I discovered ALL of my brown sugar was hard as a rock, so I used regular sugar and some molasses to make my own. I made the dough in my Ninja blender... kept having to add more flour, so I need to find a good cookie dough recipe for the Ninja, because it did not work like it does on the infomercial! Also made strawberry/blueberry smoothies in the Ninja! I love my Ninja!




So, for dinner, we are going to have Baked Chicken Fingers with Chick-Fil-A sauce, Shelly's mac and cheese and I might make Rolo Cookies for dessert if I get really ambitious! I also think we will have fries since we have a ton of them in the freezer.

Baked Chicken Fingers:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2T olive oil
1 c bread crumbs
2T grated Parmesan cheese
1t dried oregano
1t chili powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Coat chicken with olive oil. Combine the rest and coat chicken strips with it... probably best to do this in a ziplock, like shake and bake!:) Bake 10 minutes at 400˚F, turn chicken and bake another 5-10 minutes. I am going to cook these in the toaster oven, since that is what I have... so I will adjust the cooking time as needed.

Had to cool them way longer than stated, but they are yummy! I used Italian bread crumbs in place of the spices. Also made Chick-Fil-A Sauce:

1 cup Ken's Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
2t smokey BBQ sauce - I used some Silver Dollar City stuff that was on sale

That's it, mix it up and enjoy! WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment